WSU Spokane Food Pantry
The physical Campus Pantry at the Spokane campus is still open as an essential resource to students. The Campus Pantry will remain open through Fall and Spring semesters even though classes have moved online, and remote campus operations are now in effect. Below are the distribution hours and new location in the Spokane Health Science Building (SHSB).
Spring Semester Hours: Tuesdays 8:00-10:00 am and Wednesdays 3:00-5:00 pm
New Location: Spokane Health Science Building (SHSB) Room 110Z
- All students accessing the Campus Pantry need to wear a mask.
- Students always need to line up outside of the Campus Pantry and practice physical distancing, specifically at least six feet.
- Only one student can enter the pantry to access the food items while being assisted by a Campus Pantry staff while practicing physical distance.
About the Pantry
- The Campus Pantry is a campus resource for WSU and EWU students to have access to fresh produce and dried goods.
- A partnership with Second Harvest allows the pantry to stock fresh fruits and vegetables.
- CP started as a Registered Student Organization formed by Nutrition and Exercise Physiology students and developed into a campus resource given the larger campus commitment to Food Insecurity.
- Food donations may be left in the cardboard donations box outside the pantry.
- The shelf-stable items the pantry stocks are: oatmeal, rice, canned fruit, canned vegetables, canned meals, canned meat, peanut butter, jelly, pasta, pasta sauce and beans. Other food items are welcome.
- Toiletries and school supplies also are often donated and distributed.
- Campus food drives are held twice a year and are a contest between departments to see which unit can donate the most food. A trophy is awarded.